Kate as Theodora “Theo” Crain
|Episode Guide: Season One
Created by: Mike Flanagan
Original Network: Netflix
Number of Episodes: 10 (8 starring Kate)
Production year: 2018
Original release: October 3, 2018
Running time: 45 minutes
Other cast: Michiel Huisman, Carla Gugino, Henry Thomas
Misc: IMDB | Netflix
Flashing between past and present, a fractured family confronts haunting memories of their old home and the terrifying events that drove them from it.
• In Shirley Jackson’s original novel, Eleanor, Theo, and Luke are not siblings and did not grow up in Hill House. The characters Shirley and Steven were invented for the show.
• Carla Gugino plays the mother of young Theo in this series, however Kate Siegel who plays the older Theo in this series was the mother of Carla Gugino’s character in Gerald’s Game (2017).
• Lulu Wilson (Young Shirley), Elizabeth Reaser (Shirley Crain), Kate Siegel (Theodora Crain) & Henry Thomas (Young Hugh Crain) also worked together on Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016) as Doris Zander, Alice Zander, Jenny Browning & Father Tom respectively.
• Kate Siegel discovered she was pregnant with her and Mike Flanagan’s second child shortly before film began on episode six, “Two Storms”. She battled pregnancy symptoms throughout the shoot, including severe morning sickness towards the end of filming.
• Kate and Mike named their daughter Theodora after Kate’s character.